=MUD FLAPS!=

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying Zombie

~:Undead Forever:~
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Lets see some bikes with Mud Flaps! [Mud Guards?]

Considering putting a set on my '69 and just wanna get more a feel for the different styles and how they fit.
FZ

Ha. Awesome idea for a thread. Unfortunately, I got nothing for ya--- some of the plastic fenders I've run in the past (PlanetBike, SKS Longboard) some with mudflapss standard, but all of my current fenders aren't thusly adorned....

Hopefully, we'll see some wild custom mudflaps on here soon....

Ha. Awesome idea for a thread. Unfortunately, I got nothing for ya--- some of the plastic fenders I've run in the past (PlanetBike, SKS Longboard) some with mudflapss standard, but all of my current fenders aren't thusly adorned....

Hopefully, we'll see some wild custom mudflaps on here soon....
Hopefully,.. I keep thinking back to the Posts of TUCO... and the Heavily,..gorgeously adorned fender on the rear. Are you lacking adornment out of interest or just better projects to be had?

p.s. thanks for the props, 808 Brotha. ^.6 I looked up "mudflaps" and "mud flaps" with few results, I knew it had to happen~

FZ

Awwe, come on.. I've seen some Amazing bikes with some wicked cool flaps here that just set off the whole bike.. where you fellas at?

Began to make my own after a good look over of TUCO [RRBBO#8]
and the magnificent work put into that sweet Gem.

Im using leather from a bum bag I had forever..Began to fall apart at the seams, so I just helped it along. :p

Pictures coming this evening.

FZ

The riveting work looks really nice. I remember this build with the cigarette tray,was it? used as a glove box/trunk . Very nice build overall and excellent flaps!

I do not have any pictures and do not have any on my bikes. I believe a mud flap should be an accent to your bike. Which would be smaller in size, Not overwhelming. It should not be the point of interest on the bike. Just an accent for it.
I met a homeless guy out in the desert of Arizona. He had made his fenders, all out of old tires. He cut balloon tires up and clamped them onto the frame. They looked really cool, as he did it with style. He said those cheap plastic ones broke on him so he made these. He had been on the road for 6 years. Traveling coast to coast. Living his dream.
I like bikes with fenders and mudflaps. they have a purpose. I am not a fan of riding bmx bikes, klunker bikes etc. A stripped down bike like those are good for sunny and dry days. It gets old fast with your pants, shirt, jacket full of mud and water. Who wants to get off your bike and walk into a store with a wet muddy stripe down your back and muddy or wet pants. Hmmmmmm.
Now you have me thinking of putting mud flaps on one of my bikes.

I sort of like the wideset flaps, because on a 26" ballooner, there are parts all over it that bulge and pop, ya know? The tank, the tires.. the fenders the grips, the guard, the Bezel.. I think a decorated flap is personal preference, like anything, but a slim fit on the right bike holds all the same attributes. If certain aspects of the bike just "click" for lack of a better word, the flaps shouldnt stand out. they should "click" simple like the rest of the build.. what suits the best ^.6 Sort of a beat around the bush way of just saying, it works if you work it :p

IMG_20210729_220803.jpg

Back