Murray Badlands MTB

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
MURRAYBADLANDS.jpg

I found this Murray at a garage sale today, for $30. I talked them down to $22 and bought it.

I'm thinking black, I'd like to do a coaster brake, but I'll probably keep the deraileur, make it a five speed with ape hangers and a banana seat. I may have a rat trap springer fork somewhere........

wetsanded55685.jpg

I wet sanded the frame after I tore everything apart.

blackdiamond.jpg

Once painted, it's looking better.

11relacedwheel8976.jpg

I relaced the rear wheel tonight to install a coaster brake off a kid's bike. This was my first hub swap/relacing of a wheel, and I'm pretty stoked after doing it. I used Sheldon Brown's page as a guide. http://www.sheldonbrown.com/wheelbuild.html#lacing

I also found the rat trap springer front fork, and put it on. I'm going to have to fabricate a spacer to make it work, but it fits OK.

What is the Teqnical name for that Style of Springer.
and what Bike / Year where they used / on.

Thanks,
I am picking up a Bike Tomorrow that has a Springer like that,
and I want some Edjemecation on The Name and Style and Year.

The Bike is looking AWESOME,

Peace,
Kev.

Kev, i seen a lot of these springers on sears' bikes. I seen one last weekend at the flea-market on a space liner.

I like it a lot
nice!

The rat-trap springer really makes the bike. That and the knobbies. Great choice of parts.

Simple but stylish - Well done!

-Mp

Great Job on the bike! Knobs give it a cool redneck style! I agree with MarkM on the seat flames. Great "girthy" frame. Over all the bike reminds me of a two wheeled rat truck!

Latest posts

Back