murray cruiser for 10 bucks and a mountainbike i got for free

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
after.jpg
before.jpg
trade in.jpg
well normally i hate going to my competition but sometimes they get the good ones and i want them
so i went to check out this black cruiser and i discovered it is a Murray that has been repainted from purple to black and done quite well.
so he wanted 35 dollars for it so i brought this red mountain bike in to trade and we settled on my red mountainbike and 10 bucks i could not pull the money from my pocket fast enough to make the deal.
well after riding it i decided it does ride great but..... it is not mine yet so i decided to fix that
a simple swap of shoes and apehangers and voila' i have a cool cruiser that i can call mine.
i surely do love these cruisers and i sacrificed my ross polobike for the bars( don't wory im restoring the ross and i will give her original bars back eventually)
so now i will quit my rambiling and show you the before and after picture and the bike i traded for it i think i did good
future plans are to touch up the paint and change the crankset out and maybe a giant headlight for the front maybe a tank but unsure on that yet

Good deal there on the Murray. Always nice to do some horsetradin'. I can tell not a lotta love for the china roadmaster Ha Ha. :giggle:
nah hate that chinese pos irode onceand elt like i was going tofall the frame my buddy gaveitto meand it is in surprisingly good shape but ive been after this murray cruiser for a long time finally i got it it rides good

Ya, bought 1 of them and an old 1980s Huffy MTN bike from a buddy. The chinee bike supposed to be like new " needs a tire fixed" and the Huffy was "parts". Put air in the Huffy's tires and rode it, the "next" was parts lol. :p

Latest posts

Back