Murray Mercury : Date and Price Needed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this Murray Mercury and I'm looking to find any information on it. Model? Year? Value?

Thanks in advance.
600689_10151012987880853_1033676843_n.jpg

Looks 60s to me. Not worth much in my book. I'd be in the $25 range.

:shock: I have the same exact one and mine is a 1959 Mercury but someone painted most of mine and it doesn't have the original wheels and at least one or two part that you have on yours, I can't remember mine was said to sell for $150-$200 but I'm not sure which it was.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=51901&p=495895&hilit=murray+mercury#p495895

I'm not sure how much yours is worth, the serial number is under the bottom bracket which we need to know to be able to get a date and here is a link to the serial numbers, also if your serial number is MO R then it should be a 1959 but I am not sure if the Mercury bikes had the same serial date code as the bikes under the regular Murray name.

http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread ... 61&p=32212

Please If you would could you get more pictures of your bike because I want to see what part are not correct on mine, Thanks in advanced.

This is comparable to the JC Higgins version, so it is late 50s early 60s. The truss rods are missing, other wise a complete bike. Collectability wise, not much there. It is a basic girls stock bike. Put new appropriate cruiser tires on it and sell it as rider. In the San Francisco area, that would make it a $100 bike.

Latest posts

Back