Murray Meteor Flite CUT UP FOR FLEXY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish254

BUILD COOL BIKES AND HAVE FUN!!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
Received an answer to my usual email I send out to yard sales. "Do you have any adult bikes for sale?" . I was kinda excited when the response was "I have two old ones I was working on but no time now". Cool something to play with rather than just a modern flip bike. Super nice guy. He hadn't even thought of selling them, but my email prompted him to get rid of them. Nothing extra special. They were both upside down in the middle of your typical garage clutter. Two ladies bike. I passed on one for now. I like the fact this one had the tank an rear rack. The front wheel was turned around, so I didn't even notice the truss rods and fender ornament until I took these photos. Seat may be shot. Tank has patina but no holes and it still has a switch underneath. I guess it originally has some lights up front. I told him about the site and that it would be put to cool use somehow and he got a kick out of that.

Murray Meteor Flite.

WP_001196.jpg

WP_001199.jpg

WP_001198.jpg

WP_001197.jpg

WP_001201.jpg

WP_001200.jpg

Re: Murray Meteor Flite

Nice!! Get Ta Buildin'!! What up B!! It's getting warm. Jake's ready to Rock! So get weady you cwazy watters! Peace

Jake Sensi said:
Nice!! Get Ta Buildin'!! What up B!! It's getting warm. Jake's ready to Rock! So get weady you cwazy watters! Peace

Yo Sensei, what are you doing sneaking around like a Ninja! You need to jump in on the RRB BO 7 Hype up Thread!!!
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53551
Double Nickel just started it last Sunday and it already has 12 pages of posts.

Also check out the photo of your OCC that I put on this OCC thread that I started.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=53747

I got this one a couple years ago..The lady who gave it to me found it in a river..Shure glad it could swim..lol

MurrayMeteorFlite002.jpg

Definitely the same bike. This one was blue, but I don't think it was a darker blue and not aqua like yours.
The graphics are in great shape though and the fender ornament looks super.

Looking good.

I have the same bike, badged as a Western Flyer - just a little worse for wear.

Have not taken the time to get her ridable and flip .... soon maybe, lol

IMG_0675.jpg

Similar, but not the same frame. Look at how the twin top tubes on the Murray run all the way back. Also your Western Flyer doesn't have the pointy dropouts.

Latest posts

Back