• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FOUND Murray Rat Trap mounting bolt

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Just need one like this
09DB66C0-8EEB-4DD2-8D3F-25D2DA192F6D.jpeg

From this
AD17EC7F-8C9A-4230-8942-322397FB6489.jpeg

That's called a Shoulder Bolt (or Screw).
McMaster has them in many materials, sizes, head shapes, etc.
You will need to measure yours exactly to find a match.
There is a filter menu on the left to narrow down your search.

https://www.mcmaster.com/products/shoulder-bolts/

I've got a few different shoulder bolts. Most from vehicle's I've stripped the interiors out of. They are for seatbelts and tie down points in SUVs. I I'm not sure where I got them. I'll like in the morning and see what I can dig out of the tool shed.

A good machinist, a lathe and matching thread die? I'd prefer the McMaster-Carr method myself
if I were in a rush to get it done. Otherwise I'd wait and see what the universe, the bicycle gods
and a kind enthusiast may provide. You know someone out there has a cigar box full of them.
Heck, I might have one and not even know it. What are the measurements of this mystery bolt?
Think that seatbelt shoulder bolts may be too big for this application, no?
GuitarCarl's idea is good too. I'd mic it and J-B weld the bushing on the shoulder bolt.
I'm guessing it's the bottom bolt and the top one reversed in the photo? .

Last edited:
I've got a few different shoulder bolts. Most from vehicle's I've stripped the interiors out of. They are for seatbelts and tie down points in SUVs. I I'm not sure where I got them. I'll like in the morning and see what I can dig out of the tool shed.
Sorry, I lost track of this thread yesterday. I did dig through my bits and pieces bins and found several shoulder bolts, but unfortunately non that would work as a replacement for you. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back