MURRRAT, Monteray gone old school

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Done before midnight! Ha! ....OK, this build started out as the 'Purple Feida Eat'r' which made it to mock up stage:
SUNP0006-4.jpg
Essentially adding old school parts to a funky shopper frame. But, I bent the rear stays out of whack trying to fit a balloon tire, and I didn't have the time to fix it plus rethink the wheels, etc. So, determined to continue, I dug out this bike, once known as 'Mudklunk':
SUNP0037.jpg
It was my klunker build, but I really couldn't think of anything else to do with it! I knew the reversed Murray springer would work, as well as the Schwinn chainguard. I found a tank and rear rack from a 60s Sears ladies' (also Murray built). Painted up some crusty rims from a Western Flyer with Krylon Cherry red, something different than the standard "rat rod red'. It ties in with the bits of original red paint on the frame. I think the overall bike came together well, though it doesn't hold a candle to some of the spectacular builds this build off! I was just glad to participate. I was able to edit the color on the pics to compensate for the cloudy, humid day we have here today! So, without further jabbering, the bike!
CRIM0001.jpg
CRIM0002.jpg
CRIM0003.jpg
CRIM0004.jpg
CRIM0005.jpg

Latest posts

Back