Muscle Bike Memories of the Early 1970's

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a 70's Kid from New Orleans,and remember my days when Muscle Bikes were comming out just like the Muscle Cars they were inspired by. I was 10 in 1970 and could not drive all the cool cars that was out at that time, but I could ride the bikes.
We built and customized our bikes with extra forks to make it into a chopper, personalized paint and many other modifications that was as much fun doing as enjoying after we finished. Pinstripes were a speciality of some and others did hand painted characters. Whatever your style we took pride in our bikes.
In 1972 I got a Sears 5 Speed Spyrder with a real Gear Shift, Loved that Bike!!!
About a year ago I was online looking for a picture of an Eliminator frame to show someone one of the most popular bikes in our neighborhood, and I found My Bike for sale! Wow!!! Surely I bought it but when it got here it was in very poor shape. So I guess I fell back into our old mindset and stripped it, burnt it, repainted it, bought a new Banana Seat, a new Sissy Bar, and another 24" bike from Wallmart and swapped sprocket and rims to make it just like new.No it's not original but I will never sell it. It is in excellent shape and looks just like my original.

That's awesome, bro. I too am from New Orleans, but I am 12 years behind you. I am not so much into muscle bikes per se, but I currently live in Mandeville.

My thing is BMX followed by rat, board trackers.

Have you seen John Brain's muscle bike history website?

NO I haven't but I will check it out
Lonewolf said:
That's awesome, bro. I too am from New Orleans, but I am 12 years behind you. I am not so much into muscle bikes per se, but I currently live in Mandeville.

My thing is BMX followed by rat, board trackers.

Have you seen John Brain's muscle bike history website?

Latest posts

Back