My Bike Projects

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
photo%201_zpsly6f1ahv.jpg

A newer Murry i'm working on

photo%202_zpsexnpinnx.jpg

My 60's? Huffy Eldorado i'm putting back together. If anyone can give me some more info on these i would appreciate it!

photo%203_zpsjznbuww6.jpg

My early 70's Columbia and my wife's 63' Schwinn American.

I have a few more and i'll post more and Better pictures soon!

photo%204_zpsekbgt6sz.jpg

The Columbia. Not sure about the year? I'm thinking very early 70's?
I added the Schwinn rack on the rear just to see what it would look like.

photo%202_zps5j2yo3s5.jpg

Added the chain stays from an older BMX bike.

photo%201_zpso0yniawp.jpg

photo%203_zpsswzuvgt8.jpg

I picked up all of the bikes out of a scrap yard i work at. It's crazy to see what people throw away!
But i'll be there to pull it out and make it nice again.

Just had to put new or newer tires on all the bikes and now we ride them all the time!
I ride the Columbia most all the time.

photo%201_zpsycr6kdps.jpg

The Murray

photo%202_zpsaoyswzm9.jpg

The paint is REALLY nice so i'll keep the color!

photo%203_zpstvdqebne.jpg

photo%204_zpsdvmavhdg.jpg

I'm thinking put on some metal pedals i have and maybe lose the rear fender? And maybe a few other simple mods.[/QUOTE

I sold one of these Murray's last summer but it wasn't as nice as yours, but it had both fenders. Mine had a seat like your but I thought it was not original and replaced by a previous owner. I couldn't ask about the seat being replaced as it was a thrift store find. I have been told that this bike isn't real valuable now but I was also told it is rare and low production. I don't know if this is true or not.

Nice color on the Murray!

The Huffy should have serial number that has an H and a number at the beginning, the number will be the lsat digit nof the year. H8 would be 1968 or 78, yours looks like a 60's model.
The Schwinn's number on the dropout will have a letter followed by a 3 for a 63 model. A 4 will be a 64, etc. So C3 would be a March 1963 bike, the letter corresponds with the month of manufacture.
The Columbia may be able to get the year from the serial too. Check this webpage, the numbers go to 72.
http://vintagecolumbiabikes.com/id79.html

My Schwinn is a 63' then. I just went and looked! not sure about the Huffy? I'll check that one out tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back