My childhood BMX bike, A Royce Union

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok dont laugh, I know its ugly and I wasnt really looking for it. It found me. For Christmas of 78 or 79, this Royce Union was available through Grand Auto. I got this and my brothers each got a gold model with 7 spoke mag wheels, also from Grand Auto.
Anyways, its design is to replicate a monoshock which were big at the time. My friend Perry across the street got a monoshock for Christmas the same year. So we rode to our hearts content until he saved his paper route money and bought a CYC frame. He then stripped the parts from his monoshock and swapped them over. After a few months, we struck a deal for the monoshock frame and swapped my parts on to it. I have no recollection of whatever became of either of these bike. Seeing this laying in the corner of a back yard really shocked me

Im in no hurry to get it back on the road right now. But when the time comes it will be powder coated. I would be interested if someone on here can help me by making the mx-100 decals for me. The decals and headbadge are the only things on the black paint. I would also have interest in a breadloaf seat and sissy bar like this if anyone has one. Unless of course someone has a really nice version of this bike ready to go then.......

Oh and maybe the handlebar clamps and bolts that go on the stem

Last edited:
IMG_0424.JPG

Latest posts

Back