my chopper bicycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a 24 inch mountain bike framed chopper, ill post some pictures later today. it has 5 foot long forks, straight bars, banana seat, 24 inch rear tire, and 20 inch front tire. crank out of a donor bike and gear shift out of a 10 speed road bikeim currently painting it light blue with tan scallops. ill try to get some pictures up as soon as i can. thanks guys

Re: my chopper bicycle(update 2-16-12)

ok i finally got the frame in paint, and here is me pinstriping the scallops, and a finished scallops picture. ill post some more pictures as i get some more painted and assembled.
1428zv9.jpg

2qxurtt.jpg

hey mad max can you post some pictures of that shifter on that bike, im very interedted to know wat you did there with it.

well some more progress pics, i got the forks installed, and got the crank put in, in the process now of doing the wheels and ordering tires, im gonna go whitewall on black for rubber. then ill figure all the smaller stuff out like bars, shifter, cables, brakes, and final assembly. will update soon, thanks yall.
14m76zb.jpg

wptfs.jpg

ojjea0.jpg

haha thanks for the pics that gives me some ideas. those forks i made by taking a set of bmx forks and cut them up near the headset right after they uncurve and get straight, then i took thick round stock, that was the same size as the forks. next i took 2 pieces of pipe that was just bigger than the tubing and sliped it over the main tube. then i welded the long tubes to the bmx cuttoff forks. then i slipped the sleeve over and welded that. next i took the dropouts off of another donor bike, and slipped them over the main tubes and welded them on. then i welded in the cross braces in. but i had to mount the front wheel before i welded those crosses in. i had one of those stem shifters and i counlndt keep it tight, i think im gonna build something off of the bottle holder screws like you did. ill keep everyone posted. im ordering tires tonight.

That's killer! I like the shifter and knob, I was gonna use an old glass door knob for the shifter on my '42 GMC hot rod truck, great minds think alike!

Latest posts

Back