My chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's my chopper. I built it in 3 days, and only spent 20 euros, including a brand new front wheel. It rides well, confort is so-so, and it's got max grin-factor!

I used an Atomic Zombie idea: take a cheap mountain bike full-suspension frame, the ones that are Y-shaped, and flip it upside down. The whole thing kind of built itself.

dsc01039ct7.jpg

I've added some fake air intakes and a bottle-opener for fun.

dsc01103um3.jpg

I've made some grips out of rope, glued a little Tintin rocket on the headtube (good luck charm that covered many miles on old mountainbike), and added a head light from a kids bike.

dsc01110fc6.jpg

dsc01121gs7.jpg

Hugo

COOL!! I made one with the same concept:
100_0913.jpg

...kinda funny that the original thread was called "now for something completely different" and your avatar is John Cleese from Monty Python!!
Welcome![/img]

Cool bike & welcome to the board.

How well do you find the rope grips to work? I'd thought of doing something similar (for a Tiki bike) using carpet tape to hold some hemp cord in place.

The TinTin rocket is cool - "Explorers on the Moon" was a favourite of mine BITD.

-Mp

Markm: LOL, that's a funny coincidence. That's all the excuses I need to post the "Bicycle Repair Man" sketch. "Why, he's mending it with his own hands!". And then John Cleese freaks out at the end, sweet. I love Monty Python...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxfzm9dfqBw

Multipass: the rope grips are working fine so far, not many miles on them yet. I find that I have to "tighten" them a bit every now and then. I just grab opposite ends of one grip and twist them in opposite directions. They´re not glued or anything, I've just tucked away the ends of the rope under the loops (old boy scout knot thing).
Some kind of glue or tape might be nice, just as long as you can tuck away the ends of the rope securely.

Oh yeah, a scootering mate of mine saw pictures of my chopper and asked me today to build him one. My reply:
-"Yeah sure, no problem."
-"But I want motorcycle wheels!"
-"Hmmmm... Motorcycle wheels?... [scratches head] I guess I can do that..."
-"Great! I'll get some wheels, we'll talk later!"
-"OK. (o-oh)"

Guess I'll be posting a question about motorcycle wheels. :wink:

Hugo

Back