My crazy Home Made parts work!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I made the intake manifolds, the coolant filler tank and thermostat housings, the throttle linkage and the exhaust and more in my garage! I am way excited that it even runs. I do have a couple of things to work out before it is road worthy, but here is a video of my VW/Subaru engine running in my beetle. This should have about twice as much HP and torque as the original engine had. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coMDufAGRHI

Awesomesauce!!!

I have to admit, I'm seriously considering buying an old bug, putting a '32 Ford I-beam under the front, and putting a supercharged or turbo Ecotec in the back... I've got the tuning software for 'em! Seriously loving this.

How is your watercooling set up? Would you mind posting some pics of how you have the radiator set up? That's the one thing I haven't seen much of, and would like to see more of. What kind of trans are you running? A type 1, or Type 2? How much power is that little Subaru motor putting out?

Once again, I love it!

Thanks, Here is a sort of build thread I kept on it on a site for this kind of thing. This thread should answer most questions and supply you with a lot of pictures.

http://bb.bbboy.net/vwengineconversions ... &thread=82

This engine is one of the smallest subaru made it is the most like a vw engine I have found. This engine stock made 73 HP and 95+ foot pounds of torque. With My custom dual carb setup and "theoretically tuned" exhaust system I am hoping to make 80+ hp which should convert to a 15 sec 1/4 mile or so with my gutted car. It weighs 1480 lbs.

Well one thing for sure your neighbors wont get mad....Super job. I stopped like bugs in 70 and it makes me want to build one again. :lol:

Latest posts

Back