My day has come!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I've been looking for a prewar twin bar frame since long before I discovered rrb. My passion for soft mod, no weld bike projects started when I began researching the origins of the modern mtb machine. Then I found the Alan Bonds, site, and I got klunker krazy right fast. Fast foward a few years, to last week, when I miss on a twin bar schwinn (b.f gw badged) to a very good friend (no harm done).
upload_-1.jpg

Them we're looking it over together and he says "would this make a good clunker?" Ouch.
Once more with the ff button to this afternoon. I get this pic, a pic of some abarasque stuff ive been pining after and whatever else, and a cryptic message.
upload_-1.jpg

To the VZ vault I go. Im mumbling to myself. This guys got two of these things, doesnt know what he'll do with one and on and on. I get there. I guess he fed up with my complaining, because this was sitting there just for little old me. [emoji4]
upload_-1.jpg

upload_-1.jpg

upload_-1.jpg

upload_-1.jpg

I also spent the morning at my dad's shop, wrenching alongside the old man. And I have my first ever apt. With a welder to start a bike project on Friday, and it was sunny. It was a good day in Lucas land

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back