my digits (not for the squeamish)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
So I was at work and managed to allow the end of a 250 lb solid steel shaft to escape from my right hand, landing momentarily onto my left middle finger. I wiped some iodine onto the area and placed an adhesive bandage on it. That was about 2 hours into my 10-hour shift (5 pm here). I've finished work and returned home. I'm trying to treat it as best I can. I've cleaned with peroxide and rubbing alcohol. Just not sure what to do with the little nugget of inner-finger that is sticking out of the skin. It is quite swollen, and I'm not sure if the protrusion will retreat as the swelling subsides. Or should I trim it off so the skin can start to come back together? I'm guessing that the stuff sticking out is just broken skin that got pushed up through the outer layers. The yellow is just the iodine. The black lines running perpendicular to my fingerprints?... no clue. The actual separation in the skin is about 3/16" in length. The piece sticking out protrudes about 1/16". Any ideas?
SANY1531_zps96124dbe.jpg

Latest posts

Back