My Dudley Swap Meet Finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
An early morning drive to the Dudley swap meet paid off today. I have to thank Bri-in-RI for tipping me off to this find! Bought ut before it made it in the door, an 80's green and gold Ross mountain bike. And while it isn't the nicest bike in the world, I didn't think I would ever find a set of wheels like this. Near mint gold Ukai 26x2.125 BMX cruiser wheels. It wasn't cheap, but these wheels are worth it. Steve knows where these are going!!!

2a5b93f1.jpg

And then there was this. First thing I bought today. I saw the dude with it in the back of the truck tucked between a load of road bikes. He gave me a price and it seemed a bit high, but it was burried and dark out still. When he brought it indoors a small crowd was starting to look at it and wonder who the owner was and how much it was. I ran back outside and made a deal for it. It wasn't cheap, but the paint is in 9+ condition, just one small mark on the guard. A little rust on the wheels, but it will clean up nice. It's a 1968.

5cb0531b.jpg

And just in case you don't want to have brakes on your bike, there is always this:

1a2f400c.jpg

The pics really don't do either of the bikes any justice. The Fastback was super clean and priced very fairly for its condition and the Ukai hoops alone are worth more than the guy was asking on that Ross. Nice pick ups indeed!

Danimal said:
Xcruiser said:
That Fastback is super clean,I hope you keep it together and dont ebay butcher it.

Don't worry about that. 8) Only part coming off this bike is the aftermarket generator.
SWEET- I love seeing them stay together,too many good bikes get tore apart for the sake of a dollar.

Too bad the Ross doesn't have a canti cruiser frame. Would have been nasty... but then I suppose you'd feel bad about robbing the wheels. :wink:

Wish I could have made it to the show. Nice finds!

I don't know if the Ross ChroMo or not...no stickers/tags that say it is. Not sure what it's fate will be once I steal the wheels and brakes.

And to those curious, yes, the Fastabck is super clean. The only scratch I see in the guard probably happened when the guy brought it to the show. Like I said, it was stuffed into the bed of a pickup with several other bikes. The guy was a road bike dealer and most of his stuff was packed in a trailer. This bike has seen very little use in it's life. It's found a home here and will get used!

Could we make this the offical unoffical post for everyone to post there Dudley finds? That is once everyone is rested enough to take pics :lol:

highship said:
Could we make this the offical unoffical post for everyone to post there Dudley finds? That is once everyone is rested enough to take pics :lol:

After doing the 80 mile round trip to Dudley both Friday night and very early Saturday I finished my long weekend with a 100 mile trip today for a few bibbits and bobbits. Im totally spent and few people here would care for the parts I scored anyway :(

Latest posts

Back