My first new bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never had a bicycle from 1970's and newer ever a long time besides projects! I been a handmedown guy that has usually bikes from 1920's- 1965. And im clueless on this bike bike besides the name Shimano Racing Competition 10 speed. Has also original tires. A friend of mine is joining with me in the Navy and he got in earlier than me so he did have it for sale for 250 and today called me up and asked me how much I would pay for it and said 125 and he sold it to me. All I can say is im really off on these bikes and blind on values.:39:

I would only pay about $25-$40 for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't say you did bad at $125, provided everything works good, nothing needs anything besides some lube and maybe adjustments.

The thing is, those older road bikes up through the 90s, unless it was a Raleigh, Bridgestone, Miyata, Bianchi, LBS Schwinn pre-giant, or another high end bike from that era, no one wants it.

That looks mid 80s to me, and without knowing the components, its hard to gauge its value/collectability.

Theres tons of these 70s/80s/early 90s road bikes or "10 speeds" on my local CL. Prices vary from $100-$300 complete in good working order. Nearly all of the ones over $200 are sold by a few notorious sellers in my area that pretty much overprice all their stuff, and have had tons of posts about it calling them out.

Heres are some more pics of this bike. And everything functions smoothly. I think im starting to have a feel for these road bikes.:blush:

I hate to say it, you got hammered. New that was 69.99$
It's low end, very low end. They did make a gazillion of them under different names.
I don't even like when these bikes are given to me is there really have no value except for sentimental.
Please, refrain from killing the messenger...

I checked all the components on the bike and are labeled Shimano except the crank arms which is Elite? And the rims and tires.

Latest posts

Back