My free Columbias

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The middle of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Someone threw these away. They were on the curb and I asked if they wanted them; no take them away. A matching pair of Columbia 10 speed road bikes with partially lugged frames. They look almost unused. I am interested in finding out the approx. vintage, my guess is 1980?

Looks like they were made in the USA

Pedals show no wear
Brake pads show no wear, even the cable adjustments were still down but I repositioned the cable to make it tight.

Tires still have mold separation tags

I'm going to oil the cables and the derailleur hinge points and adjust the brakes and derailleurs and give them to family members. Tires are fair, have gum wall rot starting to set in but they should be good for a few years yet. Everything is tight, true and spins effortlessly.

Great find! I think its hard to tell the life remaining on gum wall tires, my wifes Ross 3 speed (I believe late 70's vintage) still has the original tires - the gum wall looks crappy, but they don't have any deep cracks an plenty of tread.

plastic pedals, foam bar covers, curved spoke reflectors.. I gotta say mid to late 80's...
They started that "stuff" in the late 70s, but the pedals look 80s to me as well.

Latest posts

Back