My Freshly Completed 67' Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I'm not sure this bike fits in as a "Rat Rod" but, since I used this site numerous times lurking for ideas I wanted to share what I've done.
I usually ride Chicago Schwinn's, for the last 20 years at least. I've had all kinds of semi one-off rides but these days riding a single speed or a Bendex 2 speed just isn't cutting it. I tried getting into a Road, Tour, or Mountain Bike but I'm just not into em. I started building a 7 speed beach cruiser... I don't like the look of a derailer so I trashed that idea. I had always wanted a 26" BMX bike when I was a kid so I decided to make a BMX/Beach Cruiser with gears. Once I started looking at other peoples builds it became apparent this idea wasn't a new one.

67' Schwinn Frame
Shimano Nexus 4 Speed Internal Rear Hub
3 Piece Aluminum Cranks w/Omega8 40T Chainring
Landing Gear Forks
Black Anodized Aluminum Headset
Fit Bike Co. Stem
Aluminum Handlebars
HiWheels Hairpin Saddle

Its original paint on the frame. I wanted mat black everywhere I could. I powder coated the saddle spring. Grips to match a closely as possible. Rides real nice!
I'd love to hear what you all think of it?

Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e2xactv5qdkq9hx/wg7w9Orn8z Hopefully you can see the pix.

First off, welcome to RRB!

Your Schwinn is very cool....real nice blend of the old with new. 8)

Great looking bike. The best bike for you is the bike you build YOUR way. Your SCH could also qualify as a klunker (pre mountain bike off roader).

Forum Rules dictate that we're not supposed to get into conversations seeking to define Rat Rod.

BUT- oh YES! Very well qualified!

Cool bike. I'd ride that thing until unable to pull my hands from the grips.

Latest posts

Back