My last BMX build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Let me know what you think. Thanks for looking.

bikeoutside001.jpg

bikeoutside002.jpg

bikeoutside004.jpg

bike004.jpg

wowie, soooo clean. nice job. what size is it? the paint is tops. did you paint it rattle can or what? tell us more

Outlaw

Thanks for the comments. It was chrome originally. But was flaking badly. So I had a fresh coat of powder done to it. Its a 24" Cruiser, and a highly desireable one at that. The hubs are Campagnolo C record (Sheriff Star) and are pretty rare themselves. Most parts on it are survivor condition, except the rims, tires, chain and freewheel which were all NOS.

Very Very Nice. I haven't seen a set of those oakley grips in a long time. How long have you been working on this?

wow Campi high flange hubs - sweet. That bike is gorgeous.

Wow...she's a beauty alright.

I especially like that invisible brake cable. :wink:

Thanks. The brake cable took the longest. I had to do a special ritual, which involved a few rare tropical plants, bones from a 235 year old corpse, and the blood of an innocent. All that, a few chants, and voila...invisible cable. :wink:

Nice bike.. I wonder where my buddy Kev is in the world.. :cry:

I'm not a huge Hutch fan, but that came out beautiful. Those hubs are awesome...I have low flange Records on my Cyclecraft and they still spin unbelievably smooth after 30 years.

On my test run on this bike I was blown away. It feels like a thoroughbred, it just wants to go. The hubs havent been packed for ages, and still spin like butter. Id put them against ANY sealed bearing hub on the market. They reek of quality, and are timeless in design.

Rat Rod said:

.... :| Im slow.. I staired at the picture, i was like what the hells he talking about?! and ohh ITS not there. :lol: :roll:

ricksterr1221 said:
Rat Rod said:

.... :| Im slow.. I staired at the picture, i was like what the hells he talking about?! and ohh ITS not there. :lol: :roll:

That's an NOS Hutch Invisble Brake cable. They're very rare. I've never seen one.

Super nice build. Waaaaay back when in my BMX days, Hutch's were a rare sight and very desirable.

-Mp

Latest posts

Back