my latest finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found this little wooden bike at goodwill. I just had to have it. My first wooden wheel bike :D
photo4.jpg

A guy at work found this in a dumpster in at an apartment complex where he delivers mail. He gave it to me to fix up to give to a girl we work with who is a single mom who needed a bike. This bike was a big pain in the but to fix but it turned out pretty nice. I replaced the fork, hand grips, inner tubes, rear tire, brake and shifter cables, seat post, seat post clamp, seat, brake pads and I am sure there is something I have forgotten.
as found.
204.jpg

All fixed up.
photo6.jpg

Here's my keeper bike.
Its a Trek 4300 19.5" frame. I found it at goodwill. It was missing the front wheel and the crank was stripped out.
I am really happy with it. It rides nice.
001-23.jpg

203-1.jpg

Here's my keeper bike.
Its a Trek 4300 19.5" frame. I found it at goodwill. It was missing the front wheel and the crank was stripped out.
001-23.jpg

203-1.jpg

nice finds, and cool about the fixer upper for the mom.

Interesting Goodwill would have a no front wheel, stripped crank bike out... here they'd toss it in the dumpster or send for scrap, I literally got a 'Winnebago' muscle bike out of a 'go to the dupster' pile at Salvation Army here, had to stop and ask, they said they scrap a ton of bikes that are ' too ratty ro sell', and when I offered to leave a # and take em all / fix em up they said that was not allowed.

congrats.

The Trek came from a goodwill outlet. The outlet stores are a little different. They throw everything in big bins then everyone dives in to dig out the good stuff. It gets pretty crazy. They have tons of "junk" bikes and other junk they wouldn't ever sell in their stores. If you have one in your area you should check it out. Plan on spending several hours there and take good leather gloves to keep from getting cut on broken glass or sharp knives.

Latest posts

Back