my latest score

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
hello and good day
'i just scored this pile of parts for 30 bucks some really good stuff in here
2 20 inch sting ray front wheels with tire.
2 24 inch sting ray front wheels with tires.
4 old school seats
Schwinn fair lady chain guard as well as a old country chain guard.
but probably the best in the pile a sears spaceliner frame .
and a sting ray frame fork and seatpost.
as well as a pair of sun bmx wheels and a what i believe is a s7 front wheel but im not certain.
all are in excellent shape and i cannot wait to build the frames up
im thinking of doing an all out resto on the spaceliner as the frames cool looking
the sting ray im gonna rat up with the bmx wheels

cannot wait to start building.
thanks for looking
dr evil
score.jpg

yeah im thinking it might be a flight liner too i been researching space liners and none of them look like this
also it is a 24 inch wheel and ive not seen any 24 inch wheel spaceliners
i actually began building it.
i know it has the fender mounts on the rear by the wheel and the top tube is double as well as the center.
i haven't checked the serial yet .
so that's all i got for now on it.
but yeah im thinking it may be a flightliner or maybe none of the above but i like the frame so im gonna build it eventually.
thanks for looking
dr evil

ok more updates
ow i not even sure if this is a spaceliner, flihtliner, or even a sears because i found a spot where a badge would go possibly a Schwinn badge
but anyways the only numbers i could find on the frame were b-332
i dunno if that will help but im scratching my head trying to figure out what this thing is
thanks for any info it would be greatly appreciated

Sears will have very distinct dropouts on the rear that come to a point, if it's a Schwinn the serial number will be on the left rear dropout (where the wheel bolts to) and that can date it then you can look through the catalogs that year to find the model.

thanks outskirtcutoms the dropouts do come to a point so that conclude its a sears.
that actually helped me alot.
i was able to find out it is a flight liner frame after i took you're advice about the dropouts and did some reference checking.
apparently sears had the badges like Schwinn did as well i just never realized that.
thanks for the info it helped me alot .
but alas i began building her up and here is what i got so far
im kinda going with the old racecycle (i believe that's what their called) look i saw one on the forums and it looked sweet
so im sorta copycatting that style only with different bars
also this will be a 5 speed
not sure ifi m gonna paint it i am kinda a sucker for the true rat look of using what you got and no modifying the frame.
im an old man and lazy what can i say lol
but anyway moving on... here she is atm
enjoy and if anyone's got any ideas id love to hear them.
mysteryrat.jpg

correction the dropouts do not come to a point i checked some sears dropouts and their nothing like this ones so back to square one sorry for the mishap.
im beginning to think its something ive never seen before but it is the quad cantilever ( dual top tubes and dual center tubes in case i got that wrong lol) so im not sure what it is but nonetheless its a cool bike and i cannot wait to ride it.
i even got a name for it ....mystery rat lol
enjoy
dr evil

Drop outs on that look AMF to me, same as the 20" Renegade, etc.

I have the same bike, but drops are slightly different. I was told mine was Western Flyer, but never confirmed.

IMG_1422.jpg

24" as found.

Will be watching your progress, gives me ideas, too - I'm thinking muscle bike but you never know til I start wrenching.

thanks green dragon i never thought amf i actually have 2 amfs in my collection ones a 1969 flying wedge the other im not sure but its a 10 speed with strange dropouts
that actually makes sense because the dropouts on this are strange looking they have tabs where either a fender or banana seat would mount
im thinking of running a banana seat on this and some occ tires i got in my junk somewhere to give it a more street look
although i do wanna keep it as it sits as well so i'll never know til i get it built lol.
thanks for the info and good luck with you're build that thing would look sweet as a muscle bike with the whitewalls.
i'll post more pics as i continue.

ok here is a picture of the dropouts
their different and as you can see they have brackets for either a rack or fenders built into them
i figured while i was at it id add my wifes bike as well hers is an amf as well but the dropouts are huge
so if anyone could tell me the year of this as well id appreciate it
thanks
Sean
get-attachmentaspx-1.jpg

amfdropout.jpg

mywifesride.jpg

so here is my amf bike buildup i decided to call it man-ray
i found a orange county chopper with a cracked frame and no back wheel so i took the front end off it and modded the fork mounts a tad
i added a 26 inch rear wheel for markup so i can make adjustments as needed
the front sprocket is from another bike i forget where ti came form but i believe its off a Harley bike as the Harley bike had the exact same sprocket.
the front wheel iss a sting ray 24 incher i had
messinger seat and huffy seat post are gonna be removed for a banana seat im recovering
i was gonna paint it but i may just clear coat it to stop rust
i was originally gonna build it into a NASCAR themed bike but i decided man ray works better
im still looking for parts for it mainly a 26 inch rear wheel with either coaster brake or maybe a 2 speed kickback if i can afford one
so here she is as she sits.
enjoy
IMAG0405.jpg

Drop outs on that look AMF to me, same as the 20" Renegade, etc.

I have the same bike, but drops are slightly different. I was told mine was Western Flyer, but never confirmed.

IMG_1422.jpg

24" as found.

Will be watching your progress, gives me ideas, too - I'm thinking muscle bike but you never know til I start wrenching.
I have a bike listed in fresh finds under super delux if you get a chance check it out see if you think it is amf it had SuperDeluxe on chain guard before it was sanded off it has the wide chrome over the forks like yours it is a 26" are they part of the liner family ? Thanks in advance

Latest posts

Back