MY NEW BIKE TRAIL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
My house is about two blocks away from one of the largest lakes in the North Texas area.

The ironic part is that I don't own a boat and I rarely see the lake because it's at the back of the neighborhood.

This past year the city started work on a 6 mile bike trail that starts at a small park at the back of my neighborhood and follows the perimeter of the lake to the north end of town.

They have it just about finished so this evening I took the Dyno Moto out for a quick ride to see how the construction was going.

Here's the park where the trail begins...
IMG_3736.jpg

The beginning of the trail...
IMG_3737.jpg

Good shot of the trail...about 7 feet wide...looking back at the park...
IMG_3738.jpg

Where the trail now ends...
IMG_3739.jpg

Interesting way they are building the trail...
IMG_3741.jpg

IMG_3742.jpg

Lake shot...
IMG_3743.jpg

Unfinished trail...fun for mountain bikes...
IMG_3744.jpg

I need shocks!
IMG_3745.jpg

we built a trail like that at work. interesting with the honeycomb material to hold in the dirt. what we did was use a excavator to drag a i-beam to level the crushed stone i dumped. i got to play big boy tonka toys for a week

heres a view from my truck
n22300466_30734039_2290.jpg

heres where we built it
n22300466_30734021_4340.jpg

this was the king of Morocco's place in peapack NJ. its been county-owned for years and we just opened the grounds to the public.
its pretty cool except apparently theres coyotes runnin about

Nice looking trail. There is one that crosses my road, but its an old railroad line-nothing but straight! Yours looks alot more interesting.

Back