My new fixed gear hobby 8/10/2008 pictures

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Because I need more projects and more bikes I have started building fixies.
The yellow Centurion I picked up at a flea market today. It will be getting a new set of wheels and tires. I cant decide what color wheels/tires to get. The black bike I picked up on ebay. So far i have added campy brakes, a lighter seat post and new handlebars. I have some red wall tires and red handlebar tape on order as well as a timetrial brake lever.
Picture055-1.jpg

Picture057-2.jpg

Re: My new fixed gear hobby

okay....now a couple of fixed questions...........
what do you do when you have to turn? i know that being fixed the crank would keep spinning......how do you stop? back pedal?drag your feet? i know some run brakes but others none.......
just had to ask ive always been :? about those things

yup, your supposed to fight the crank with your feet to slow down, im not that hardcore myself, but more power to ya if thats how you roll !!!

You have to ride carefully! If you go to youtube and type in "fixed gear" you can see some of the crazy stuff the bike messangers do on these things. And then they go to the velodrome and are cometitive on their beatup courier bikes.

To really brake on a fixed gear you have to do a "skid stop", that's when you pick the back tire off of the ground a little bit, and then lock up the wheel.

20lbs, feel lucky. i got a new fuji, all carbon, ceramic wheels, hubs, bladed spokes at the shop. sells for a little over $4,000.00 on sale for 2899.00 and weights 17 lbs. this thing is so lite an goes like a you know what. so i think your doin good

Outlaw :mrgreen:

i don't care for fixies but i sure like what ya did to theses two bikes. super clean. after the rat bike show an shine, my B/T Superbe is going for a makeover. i have a 2 speed kickback coaster i'll lace up to some 27" rims an put some lighter stuff on it. keep it up, luv this style of bike.

Outlaw 8)

Latest posts

Back