My new toy...I mean scooter. :)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Making my last car payment this month and decided to buy this as a second vehicle. It's the smartest thing to get around a big city in the warm months(read, without snow). Runs on less than $3 of gas a week. Top speed 45 mph.

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

you're gonna "rat rod" it, right?

At least a little customization...

I have flames in mind, but my bikes have priority right now. Must clean the shop before my Hannan frame is ready. I know you guys want to see a splash of rattle can flat black, but it ain't gonna happen on this one. Besides, it's shared property with my better half. :wink:

Ahh no mixin oil.. If I could find a scoot big enough for me I'd get one

Pppffff... Crappy plastic twist-n-go... [/italian steel scooter with manual gears hardcore fan mode] :wink:

That was an inteligent purchase, and I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with it.

Hugo

Hugo said:
Pppffff... Crappy plastic twist-n-go... [/italian steel scooter with manual gears hardcore fan mode] :wink:

That was an inteligent purchase, and I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with it.

Hugo
Yeah, I know Hugo they are much better. Unfortunately Vespa's require a motorcycle license here to operate. A complicated and expensive proposal, this one doesn't since it's under 50cc.

Hugo said:
Pppffff... Crappy plastic twist-n-go... [/italian steel scooter with manual gears hardcore fan mode]
the guy I'm sharing my garage with has a Lambretta. Don't ask me on details like model and stuff but it looks pretty cool. Next time I'm in the garage I'm gonna make some photos. There are also some Vespas waiting to be awakened from their slumber.
Besides my bike projects I'm restorating a '79 Simson Schwalbe from former east germany. It's got a 50ccm 2 stroke engine and does about 70km/h. Will be done in Moon Eyes style :D

xddorox said:
Unfortunately Vespa's require a motorcycle license here to operate. A complicated and expensive proposal, this one doesn't since it's under 50cc.
Here's a 50cc Vespa, no excuses! :)

v_50s-63.jpg

Hugo

on this picture you can see a 50ccm Vespa PK (I guess) i nthe background. It's going to be completely overhauled

l_a254f1ed98ac0453bce4fdedd0929968.jpg

Hugo said:
xddorox said:
Unfortunately Vespa's require a motorcycle license here to operate. A complicated and expensive proposal, this one doesn't since it's under 50cc.
Here's a 50cc Vespa, no excuses! :)

v_50s-63.jpg

Hugo
Try to find one of those around here and get the mortgage to pay for it!

That neat Gerry!!! Looks like it's got a full size suspension under it. I also like all the cladding on the front to offer good protection. What brand is that? Thanks!!!

David

David, it's a Chironex designed in Canada and built in...hugh...China. I hesitated before buying but the performance and price is unmatched for what is available here in that size. $2000 brand new with a 2 year warranty, 4 stroke and disc brake up front. My daughter's Honda is a 2003 and it had 13 000 km when I bought it last summer for $1900. Could have bought something cheaper, but she wanted a Met and they are hard to find used.

Thanks Gerry, any scoot is a good scoot in my opinion, as long as it runs. Ive found they are a whole lot more trouble free than motorcycles. And it puts a bigger smile on my face than any motorcycle can. Cant beat 100 mpg either. Check out urbanscootin.com sometime as far as scooter forums go, its kinda slow right now with it bein so cold and all, but almost as friendly as this bunch here on RRB. A few Canukistanians on there too. :mrgreen:

CCR said:
Thanks Gerry, any scoot is a good scoot in my opinion, as long as it runs. Ive found they are a whole lot more trouble free than motorcycles. And it puts a bigger smile on my face than any motorcycle can. Cant beat 100 mpg either. Check out urbanscootin.com sometime as far as scooter forums go, its kinda slow right now with it bein so cold and all, but almost as friendly as this bunch here on RRB. A few Canukistanians on there too. :mrgreen:
Nice set of wheels..

Latest posts

Back