My Quiver

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I know somewhere there was a skateboard topic but any ways had camera on hand and decided to show some old school, first off that is an original Tony Hawk with Motobuilt trucks and Krypto lites,and the freestyle is a Rodney Mullen with one independent and something with a skull and crossbones on the other truck (broke the other indy in a contest years ago)with Vision wheels the Sector Nine is all fiberglass the Caballero is a re issue with original Indy's adapted to new School baseplates and the wheels are slimeballs the bottom board is a Santa Cruz Airtech all fiberglass and then the all terrain board has indy's and some no name board I still have old Skateboard magazines from 77-79 and my first skatepark card from Alameda skatepark....and yes I still ride 8) [img]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg195/holyrollin72/repack007.jpg[/img]

Now that's a feat - I never see those old boards anyplace anymore. I'd love to have some of those back.

awwwwwwww.........those arent old school! i was skating for around 2 years when most of those were out(the mullen im not sure about though..........his graphics didnt really change that often) guess ill have to get some shots of my old decks on here some time.my first park was upland(scared the heck out of me when i first saw it! i think my son has my t shirt from there some where :roll: ill post it also when i can find it.....)
great heard :mrgreen:

lol those are new school.lol when they reissued the cab and hawk with layers of bonite(i believe 1988) at least they gave the boards someshape. you should have tried riding the original p&p bonite boards (bonite on top/bottom and a couple layers between.)
think i got my first in 1980.

they were practically flat as a board, heavy as heck and expanded to 3 times the size with alittle water.lol
i've riden most of your boards (except the 4x4 monster) i worked at/managed a skate shop for 11 or 12 years. owner was a real coke head and wanted nothing to do with the store (except collect money once a month) after his wife left him. the store was in real bad shape when i started there. never actually pulled a pay check, but i had free reign to anything in the store. (which i totally took advange of) lol
i recently started collecting skateboards also. just alittle bit older models. :)
IMG_2738.jpg

Now the ones I dont have, I started on clay wheels with loose ball bearings my first urethane wheeled board was fiberglass was a california rainbow (where are they now) the I had the GT by grentec (Russ Howell did the commercials),Logan Earth Ski, Bennetts,Road Riders,G&S Proline,Lazer Trucks,Green Kryptonics ect,ect....Skateparks Alameda,Newark,Milpitas,Winchester Derby in Santa Cruz and even Delmar lived down south for a while entered in C.A.S.L. contests in Oceanside,Vista I entered freestyle and slalom....ahh the 80's

There was a time I thought if I had a Santa Cruz Roskopp (with the scary face on the bottom) with some Slime Ball wheels, I would never want another thing as long as I lived.

I'd still love to run across one for grins.

I'd really love to find my old H-Street Alfonso Rawls concave "new school" board with Lemonheads and Ventura trucks. I'd love to go back and slap myself for losing or letting go of some things...

On the off-chance anyone out there reads this and has any of the first or second run Hook-ups stuff from around 93-95, any shirts, decks, etc, I am interested in them, even just photos of them.

They were the ones that were blatant rip-offs of copyrighted material like Clamp Manga and scenes from movies like Firestarter. I'll trade bike parts or buy.

I rode back in the 70's too.

I started with an old steel wheel skateboard I found at an abandoned house, then progressed to a clay wheel board, then my folks bought me one from Sears... I think? It was a clear red plastic you could see thru, it was very flexible and finally broke in half on me.

Then a skate shop opened in town and I had several boards, wheels like Sims pure juice were the bomb!! lol I eventually ended up with a Gordon & Smith Fiberflex with Cal Slalom trucks... I loved that board! I had it up till probably five years ago, my kids were riding skateboards so I drug out my old one and popped a few tricks. Ended up getting stolen out of our yard when my kid left it outside.

Oh well... good times!

Latest posts

Back