My Roadmaster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Not really a new build, just re-doing a bike of mine. It was a flat black bike with brick colored tires, the thing is, I just grew sick of it. The flat black turned chalky and was starting to look like crap, so I stripped my frame down and used some left over samples of brown patina from sculpt nevou that I have.

I am now trying to narrow some choices down, I am not too sure if I want to stick with the springer fork, I think it is the black that is throwing me off,at this point I am pretty sure that I am going to strip it and patina it as well. OR, I might go with the OG fork and truss rod set up, it's still in the air.

I should be wrapping this up by this weekend, really want to have it ready for a cruise on Sunday.

P1060606.jpg

P1060608.jpg

I love how beefy these tires are, 26x2.25, but they are quite a bit taller than my other balloon tires.

P1060607.jpg

Thanks man, I really like them too. Kind of a bummer I couldn't get them in a black wall without the letters, but they are starting to grow on me. Looks sweet when i'm in motion.

Quick update.

Bars are wrapped, scrounging around for some wine corks to use as bar end plugs, and then they are getting a few coats of shellac.

quick shot I took at my local brewery, used my cell phone. I was going to take some shots with my real camera but it started to rain on me.

279af9782abd11e2b479123138045d54_7.jpg

Awesome bike. I like the look in the last pic! I wouldn't change a thing! 8)

Thanks man, still trying to get some better pics taken, here is a quick one my brother took.

2012-11-109509_23_1695Hagrid.jpg

Zumo said:
What size are the tires? Looks real nice btw. I am starting a similar build after I finish my 74 Varsity.

Bontrager G1

26 x 2.25.

Biggest tires I could fit without having to modify anything, best part is, I got them for 38$ in store pick up.

Latest posts

Back