My Timeline

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guten Tag! everyone.

I'm an engineer by trade and half a zillion irons in the fire so to speak.
Some how for some reason my father got our entire family to go bike riding (which I haven't done in years) on the Virgina Creeper Trail.
I believe this was the catalyst and such started a feverish desire for bicycles. . .

I did a lot of reading on Atomic Zombie and decided to build a social tandem recumbent. (Still in progress)
Later my brother got the bug and bought a cruiser from Wal-Mart and put a engine on it. It looks great and I'll post pics of it.
Since I'm a bit competitive I decided to build an electric bike. 48V 100W front Hub on a folding street bike resulted in me getting scared up and bent and twisted forks and fenders from "gunning" from start. I bought a cruiser to replace it from Wal-Mart and tinkering with that.

Some how I came across the Nostalgia bike website and saw the Western Flyer X-53. :D Must Have!
Now I am a proud owner of the frame only. :oops:

Then I started looking for places for parts and came upon this forums Sale section. The past 2 months I spent circling the forms like a shark reading as much stuff as I could. And now I've decided to call it home. :)

Latest posts

Back