"My Velouria" pics added 11/28

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCR

Mouth-Breather
Reaction score
Sorry, left camera at work, pics tommorow of the bare bones Ross Central Park girls frame, nothin fancy ....... yet :mrgreen:

edit: 9-16 or 17th (depending on time zone)

this is my date for the build off

100_2033.jpg

mildly decorative lugs

100_2034.jpg

more to come !!!

painted the rims / front hub, bought 2 tires (hopefully im done spending $) 26x1.5's kendas, now i just gotta lace em !! nothin fancy ......... yet :D

100_2052.jpg

also painted the bars, they had rusted pretty heavy and were painted before, used krylon metal finishes, looks better in person but you get the idea. the grips had overspray on em from before, took em of and scrubbed em with fast orange hand cleaner, took the overspray off in no time !!!

painted the head/stem hardware and crank to match the bars too

100_2053.jpg

100_2054.jpg

got the stickers off the frame, still a bit more to do before i can paint it tho, figured id get the wheels put back together first tho.

Hi CCR. I agree with xddorox. The metal is really looking nice. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all comes together. Keep up the good work. Thankx for the link. Fast Eddie's mom, Aggie.

Paintin the Frame

I had sanded down to bare metal, only 2 1/2 sheets of 80 grit lol !!! (didnt take a pic and Im not sandin it down again for a pic :mrgreen: )

In Primer

100_2055.jpg

Painted Black

100_2056.jpg

not quite done with the frame as far as paintin goes, should come along pretty fast from now tho ......... stay tuned !!

(P.S. didnt miss any spots, just glare from the camera i guess :?: , i double checked after puttin the pics up :wink: )

Tail Lamp Possibility

Found em layin in my grandpas barn, off a bike that "went down" i believe, and what lady doesnt like roses ?!? Dont know if itll make it on the bike for sure yet tho, just tinkerin for now.

100_2058.jpg

100_2060.jpg

megan_brianne said:
Lookin' good!! That garage seems awfully famililar. :lol:

if i open the door, theres a yard that needs mowed and everything !!! :mrgreen:

Your supposed to do an intro before the bikeforumnazis come for you !!!

(thats my wife BTW, shes currently at school in St Louis thru the week)

P.S. party at my house !!!

thanks guys, itll make it, the orange lense is cracked to death (crumbled to pieces when I unscrewed it), dad looked through his h-d catalogs and RED replacement lens are $2 (means thumbs-up) plus gives him a reason to order somethin for his bike too i suppose, the orange lense was the only thing i was on the fence bout. now i just gotta rig it to take a 3 watt bulb instead, maybe an LED bulb would work tho instead of guttin it.

not much progress but everything is pretty much here, just gotta put it together and tie up a few loose ends, anywho, little more paint on the frame, i liked the stripes it had before on the tubes so i did somethin similar, still gotta clean up a few runs and outline some stuff, hopefuly get that squared away over this weekend, NOT MUCH TIME LEFT !!!!

100_5216.jpg

Latest posts

Back