My way to reduce fees on Paypal AND eBay!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
As most of you have found out, eBay now charges sellers a 9% final value fee on the price of the item AND shipping cost! Plus Paypal fees. Here is a way to save a little cash.

I keep shipping prices low, emphasize combined shipping and I figure in fees into the cost. Like a professional business, when minimum wage or taxes go up...so does everything else. A conecpt the government wont understand, but I digress.

I'll be a good business man and show yall a little secret...the one thing I pack rat, besides car parts (trying to cure the addiction) is SHIPPING SUPPLIES! Anytime I, mom, or dad get ANYTHING in the mail that comes in a box, everything is kept. Bubble wrap, tissue paper, boxes, everything except tape and labels. I NEVER have had to buy new except an occasional large box at the grocery store (5 cents, but I have found the local Dollar Store is FREE). This keeps shipping costs to a bare minimum which I can then pass on to my buyers. This way, I get more attention and my fees are reduced because of the lower total price.

Also, reduce the weight of the box. Don't go bigger than what is necessary to safely ship the item. Newspaper weighs the most, so it should be saved for heavier items. For used boxes, remove any and ALL old used up shipping tape and labels. They don't serve a purpose anymore and it adds weight. Also, old shopping sacks work wonders as low-weight, yet effective items. Cutting a few cents here and there saves a great deal of money in the long run. I just shipped 7 Hot Wheels cars...by keeping the weight under 1lb, I cut my USPS shipping costs in HALF!

That is my tip for the evening, good luck to all and God Bless!

Under a # is always a deal, I have been shipping for years and recently learned that is it actually cheaper to send priority mail when shipping at least a few states away, sometimes farther. DO NOT use the flat rate boxex for lighter items. I was able to cut about 1.50-2.00 off each package sending priority instead of parcel post

The USPS priority flat rate bubble envelope is awesome.. for $5, you can fill that puppy up and ship. It isn't available at the post offices; you have to order them free from the USPS website.

Latest posts

Back