my welder refreshhhhhh

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just got done painting my welder, picked up a hobby in the mean time....
2cc6b790.jpg

this is one of the first actual non practice pinstriping that i have done, im fairly pleased, but much room for improvement for sure.

looks good one tip i could say would be to pallet the brush more. but you got the symmetry down

i have a very vague idea of what palleting is, ive read about using magazine covers cause they dont absorb as much paint, but not really why i would pallet. i met a lady at bike night here in clearwater and she told me to use a grease pencil to do the lay out, helped a whole bunch.
thanks,
chad

there are different ways to lay out designs personally i just let it fly from my head as i go. on large pieces it does help to run a center line however. you start by puting a few fat dabs of one shot on a mag page. then take your brush and start wiping it through the paint. after each line go back and pallet again. also as the paint dries i like to dip the brush quickly in reducer (i use high temp one shot) and pallet that through the paint this will make it more viscous. keep practicing !!

awesome, thanks man, i wish i could make more time to practice but i do what i can. A buddy has a old jeep that he just rattle canned flat black, its gna be my first vehicle....practice make perfect lol

Latest posts

Back