My wife is in surgery......

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We have a family tradition of buying our kids new pj's and watching "Christmas Vacation" the weekend before Christmas. Early Friday morning, she was trying to stand on a stool to straighten our tree topper, lost her balance, and fell. She broke both bones in her left leg, just below the knee. She's getting plates and screws on both sides if her leg to repair it. She should be out of surgery around 2:45 PST. One if the questions she asked the Dr.? "Will I be able to ride my bike? I want to be able to ride with my grandkids." We don't have any grandkids yet, our kids are 12-18. But I thought it was cool that was important to her. Her current ride is a boys 60's Murray Skybolt, until I get her girl's Spaceliner refurbished.

My thoughts and prayers are with her.She sounds like a real Trooper.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to YOU and YOURS.

Thanks! She is a trooper. Just got a call from the nurse, and she said they were just about done, my wife did great, and the surgery went very well. Waiting for the surgeon to come out and talk to me.

Thanks! I'm with her now. She will be in the hospital a few days. Everyone we have dealt with from the 4 facilities we've been to for this has been great. I really feel she is in good hands. I have no idea what our insurance co-pays are at this time, but ill worry about that later.

Latest posts

Back