My Workplace , 9/20

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: My Workplace , Just built my dream bike 7/21

Those Quadrangles are awesome! I have a SS rigid 29" mountain bike with a small frame and it's like a big wheel BMX, you like that root beer color or would you go for something else?

Re: My Workplace , Just built my dream bike 7/21

Been busy, here's my bosses latest trade in, 90's GT, with Spintech carbon fiber wheels, it needs a correct tire and seat, I get to polish it up in the near future.
001-60.jpg

002-59.jpg

I got done with this tall Mobecane today,totally went thru everything on it, cleaned it up.
004-41.jpg

This one may be up for sale soon
005-38.jpg

And here's another Gt to redo for the employees to race at the track 8)
003-57.jpg

Re: My Workplace , Need a GT tire 8/9

Here's some of the things I do, this poor Carbon Fiber Specialized had been sitting quite a while, gave it the deluxe tune up,which consists of greasing the hubs (breaking them down and loading with grease) greasing all the cables,cycletune all the movable parts,and detail and air up tires and test ride
Before
004-42.jpg

005-39.jpg

006-32.jpg

007-32.jpg

AFTER
008-28.jpg

009-22.jpg

Re: My Workplace , Carbon Fiber from a barn?

Finally got this one back together after I painted it , Yuba Mundo cargo bike, total tare down upgraded the shifters and gave it a better gear ratio, this is one solid bike, payload rating of 500lbs
003-58.jpg

004-43.jpg

And this Raliegh came in for Burning man,cool frame!!! interesting decal..
002-61.jpg

001-62.jpg

Re: My Workplace , Yuba Mundo ,Alive again 8/27

One of our customers came in with this today, still working on it but it looks like fun
004-44.jpg

005-41.jpg

006-34.jpg

This is the ghost bike we put together for a local doctor that got killed by a truck and trailer cutting the corner, only good that came out of this is ,it is bringing the community together.
002-62.jpg

001-63.jpg

Just curious about the ghost bike, I see you left it mostly stripped, but for the remaining parts on the bike, did you round off screws and nuts so that nobody could score a stem or other small part?

Oh have die grinder will travel,,, and you can see the front wheel chained on the frame, we had this bike brought in to the shop after it was backed over by a pickup, it WAS a high end Lemond roadbike, we had to straighten it as much as possible to at least get the rear wheel in. And then someone took down the sign and threw it in the bushes, so now we have to reinforce the sign :shock: .

someone took down the sign? what is wrong with people.

Was this in Ukiah ??? I dont reconize the corner ??
Who got Run Over ??

ditching the sign is just Wrong!
The motoring public needs some major education about bicycle rights and responsibilities.

Too many people think that bicycles belong on sidewalks and not on streets, although most states have laws against riding on sidewalks and require bicycles to use the roadway and follow all motor vehicle rules, as well as some common sense rules about taking a lane, etc.

There are a a lot of bicycle advocacy groups out there who are trying to get "bike friendly" projects accomplished, which includes education of the general motoring public.
Please consider joining and supporting them to keep the number of ghost bikes to a minimum.

Sheryl and I joined Bike Texas just this weekend.

off soapbox...

If you had about $5,400 to spend on a MT bike this is what it might look like, Pivot full suspension,hand signed letter of authenticity DT Swiss wheels,derailer lockout,all the trick parts,,, :shock: :shock:
037-1.jpg

038.jpg

039.jpg

Latest posts

Back