Mystery Frame Identification...HELP!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second post, and I'm already asking questions....
I recently acquired a bike frame that I thought I had a handle on, but after more research I am at a loss as to what it is. Unfortunately all I have is the frame so this may be a bit difficult.
Originally I thought that the frame was a Schwinn Lil' Chick/ Fair Lady (it has a clean oval patch of paint on the head tube), but after looking a a few of those frames online I realize that this frame has too many differences to be one of them. I'm sure it's some cheap no-name frame, but maybe one of you can identify it (see pictures below). The rear axle drop outs have register marks for the rear axle, and there is a serial number on the right (when sitting on the bike) rear axle drop out. I entered the number (2511512) in this Schwinnn serial number look up ( http://schwinncruisers.com/serial-number.html ) and it came back as a Chicago Schwinn built between 8/19 and 8/21 in 1957, but when I go to the 1957 catalog there isn't a bike that looks anything like my frame. It seems like Schwinn parts fit on it (just bought a Fair Lady fork that fits fine), but the frame doesn't seem to have any of the fender connections on the frame and it has a bolt on kickstand (not the built in one that I've seen).
Any help on identifying what this thing is would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone? No idea?
The plan is to paint it a heavy green metal flake and then paint, or powder coat, everything else white (rims, spokes, handlebars, cranks, etc., etc.) and I just wanted to make sure that I won't be dumping good money on a meh frame.

Latest posts

Back