Name that Rollfast!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my Rat Rod peeps! i just picked up a rollfast frame from a fellow member and i'm looking to get a head badge. i'd like to know a little more about this frame, like what year and possibly what model it could be. i've been looking at what ever images i can find and although i see some similarities i don't see one that i can shout to the heavens and say 'yep, thats it!' so i turn to you, my much smarter bike bretheren, to help out a young (cough) grasshopper! my build shows as much detail as i could. one shot i didn't take was of the head tube itself. the holes are left to right not top & bottom like schwinns. i believe the center line of holes is approx. 1 7/8" apart. i dimensioned it last week and i could be mistaken, i'll have to confirm tonight. thank you in advance!

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=44434

ok, i just measured and yes the holes are 1 7/8" apart along the face of the head tube. The other important piece of information that may help is that thge assumption is that it's a rollfast to begin with. i got the frame as shown, in all its rusty patina beauty! someone out there is looking at the frame thinking that it may not be a rollfast at all. if so then what is it? appreciate the help and thanks again!

It looks like a Snyder frame, whose "house badge" was Rollfast. It's been noted that early 40s models have the year stamped in reverse on the BB, so 14 would be 1941. I'd bet that your frame is a 1949. It could also be one of Snyder's other bikes, such as a Hawthorne. -Adam

Thanks! That some good info to know. i just found it interesting that the 2 sets of numbers were A) mirrored B) different text C) & had a funky character. Btw, all this assuming that those are serial numbers. once i get it sandblasted, i'll scope out the rest of the frame for other numbers. again, thanks for your help!

Latest posts

Back