need advice on making a light

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey there guys, i read the tutorials on light making and it made me feel a bit creative so i set out on making a light for the spaceliner, im 90% done here is what i did,

i bought a cruddy tap light from wallgreens and dissassembled it
rig01.jpg

i noticed on the circuitboard a positive and negative sign so i thought for a second and grabbed some old speaker wire i had and connected a positve to the battery and a negative to the battery.
rig02.jpg

to my surprise my light works, it made me happy and i almost cried :p
rig03.jpg

now im at the confusing part....how to turn it on or off...i'd like to link it to the button on the tank of my bike. or i could just drill a tiny hole through the lens and press the square in the middle of the circuit board with a paper clip...but that sounds like a pain in the butt, plus i dont want to drill through the lens.....

any idea?

i would think it would be as simple as running one of the wires to the original switch and then running another wire from the switch back to the battery to complete the loop. at least thats what i would do.

Back