Need engine help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I bought the 80cc engine & am working on installing it. I'm working on putting the sprocket on the rear wheel. Once I put on the larger rubber washer ( I guess that's what you call it ) & then the sprocket for the chain to go onto the coaster brake will not fit. I guess what I'm asking is can I just do away with the outer washer or is there another solution? This is my first time ever doing something like this.

Mark

not sure where i found the link but there was a 80 cc engine kit on ebay i read about i believe there was a bit of grinding to be done in order to make that fit .. did you grind the coaster brake down to make it thinner?

let me know how it turns out i was thinking of getting a couple of tho's to make mopeds for my parents

It's not really a matter of grinding or cutting. The rectangle shaft that sticks out for the coaster brake to fit onto is now not long enough because of the thickness now that the rubber part & the gear is on.

Latest posts

Back