Need help with identification

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this Schwinn from a friend and don' know what year or kind it is. From the research I've done i think it's pre '48.

ththht.jpg

The serial number is B86567
thth.jpg

th.jpg

The pics aren't too great for an ID but it looks like a DX frame. Show a pic of the rear dropouts. That will tell you if it's a prewar of postwar frame. I don't see a welded kickstand tube behind the BB so it might be a prewar. Gary

Thanks for the responses. It does have a welded kickstand. Here's some more pics if it could help, thanks. And the newspaper machine I had to rescue from a dumpster. I had a sore back the next day :D .

100_2393.jpg

100_2391.jpg

100_2390.jpg

100_2389.jpg

100_2388.jpg

100_2387.jpg

100_2386.jpg

100_2385.jpg

Someone painted over the factory paint, but under the facory paint there's red.

That's a postwar DX. It's not a '46 because the kickstand is straight, not tapered. If it's pre '48 it must be a '47, give or take a half a year. Gary

On '46 models the kickstand itself was tapered. Wide at the top like a normal kickstand but tapering down narrower as it goes down toward the ground. Only see them on '46 bikes. I had one once but gave it away. Back then I thought it was an aftermarket part. :roll: Gary

Latest posts

Back