Need help!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I don't know what forum to post this in but is anyone on here capable of chrome-ing or rechrome-ing bike parts. Such as handlebars, cranks, sprockets, etc.? Things to that extant. Or does anyone know someone that can do this. And of course I looking for a good deal! The less pricey the better!

The only place I know of for getting things chromed cheap is in my dreams.. they may offer the same deal in yours too! Open M-F 11pm-6am weekends 24 hrs :lol:

I'm sorry for that.. way out of line!.. I don't know of any members that have sprung for a home chroming system. It's a very involved, expensive process so it's not very practical except for a plating company. You should be able to google plating companies in your area. A small company would be more likely to accommodate personal, small orders but it'd also be best to get everything you can see yourself needing chromed in the distant future to make sure you get the best bang for your buck. Good luck!

Believe I know I'm dreaming for cheap chrome! I was throwing this out here hoping on the off chance someone had a connection for cheap chrome-ing

each state is different as far as rules for chrome. here in ca its very very expensive and most places have been ran out of biz. if you dont mind sending parts i believe the cheapest state to have it done is nevada. i guess they dont care since it is a waste land for the most part. (side note those reading that who live in nevada please dont take that personally)

Voyager Al said:
try this link. I have had alot of dash parts done, it looks chrome, but is paint, so its not as durable. I wouldnt use it for a front bumper on a car, but maybe parts on a bike, or even frame. Just not on the dropouts.Body mouldings ,its great.
http://www.alsacorp.com/products/killer ... chrome.htm

Thanks that's awesome! Definitely going to buy a can to give it a look. But can it be applied to chrome

it is meant to go over a flawless black finish. The guy who does our parts doesnt shortcut a bit, and his end product looks flawless. if ya go over a pock marked part,ur gonna get a chrome pock marked part. :roll:

Okay so you really need to do it right to make it look good.

Latest posts

Back