Need/Tire Advice...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gentelemen, good evening. I picked up a Schwinn Gateway on the curb today. This is the exact bike, except mine is missing the back wheel. The measurements on the tire say 700 x 38 cm, but from top to back w/ the tire inflated, it only measures 27 inches. The ones I found on the web list it as a 28 inch wheel, so I'm confused. I would love to make this rideable, but is missing a key piece w/ all the gears. Not much for sale our there w/ these measurements. What size is it? Is it restoreable? Should I switch it to a coaster brake bike? Thanks in advance...:eek:)

Getaway.jpg

I picked one up new at target on clearance a few years ago. Schwinn labels the tire's as 28", but the actual size is 700c. It is a common size on road bikes and 29er mtbs. I still have the tire's off of the one I bought. Less than a mile on them. If you need them let me know.

700 x 38 is a common wheel/tire size on modern hybrid bikes if this helps any. Udall is correct.

Latest posts

Back