Ne'er-do-well *Deluxe*

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That pin-striping is way cool!
It's a decal I got on Ebay. Got one on the rear too, the bike I mean. I have used pinstripe decals from this seller on some of my other builds. Stick it on, clear coat over it, make the chicks hearts go a-flutter.

Stick it on, clear coat over it, make the chicks hearts go a-flutter.
Who you callin' "chick", Tater?
chicken-mascot-strong-cartoon-chicken-mascot-flexing-arm-clip-art-vector-illustration-simple-g...jpg

I love the pins

The first full view of the kinda, almost, finished Ne'er-Do-Well *Deluxe*. There was some serious KungFu fighting getting the hind end put together but man and machine have finally come to an honorable truce. The blackwalls get to stay, plenty of room now. I'm RRBO17 tuckered out; time for lunch and a trip to a new local bike shop I stumbled across.

20220820_140153.jpg

Now that I've got to see the whole mess assembled and had time to stew on it, there are some mild things that may need addressing. Firstly, the headlight seems to be pointing upwards towards Jupiter or Uranus so I'll rotate the fender slightly forward while I have the front wheel out for the axle modification. I searched the 'Bay high and low and located a used set of grips that come close to matching the seat. I might be adding some subtle pinstriping I have on hand (like on the fenders) to the tank sides. I might use a set of ratty old Persons Majestic teardrop pedals and will let the jury here help decide which to use. Overall, I'm happy with the way it is coming together. It has a lot of small details that all work together in a cohesive way with no extra frills and that was a primary goal I had from the start. It also ate up a bunch of parts out of my stash.

I like the handlebar swap to the apes!! Fits the vibe so much better.

Bring 'er on home, Sofa Spud!
The more I see it, the more better I like the apes. The stem is a Huffman item that is bead blasted and clear coated that I bought for this frame a couple of years back.

Doesn't look like much but plenty got done today. I finished everything out back, installed the brake strap,adjusted the chain, all the usual. Installed the kickstand but discovered it was borked so I installed a different one because by now I was getting good at it. Installed the seat binder bolt. Adjusted the bottom bracket. Fully installed the chainguard. Tried the Persons teardrop pedals, instantly did not like them on here, installed the Western Flyer pedals. Re-located the front fender. Tried making a new front axle but the $8.00 stainless all thread was absolute garbage so another attempt is still needed. I like the tank pins bright so they will get clear coat without graphite. I still need to go over the fork hardware to make sure it is fully tightened and then it goes outside for a test run. That will give me an idea of seat height and handlebar angle adjustments.

20220821_181940.jpg

Keeps getting better every time I check in.
Love the pinstripe decals. I used some of the Electra steam ride ones on Rockafella years ago. They've held up well too.

Keeps getting better every time I check in.
Love the pinstripe decals. I used some of the Electra steam ride ones on Rockafella years ago. They've held up well too.
I used a set of pinstripe decals on my shop "truck" bike Toad a few years ago and they are still looking great. I feel better hitting them with clear coat just as insurance to keep them from lifting.

When laying down your pinstripes, don't let a gaping hole stop you. When you have momentum, you've got to keep rolling.

20220823_064711.jpg

Now I've got to make lemonade from a lemon. The solution is some prevention. I don't want The Man hassling me because I don't have a taillight so I might as well put that hole to work. The light doesn't function and it's not gonna, but if I can keep The Man happy then I'm happy. This probably would have been better to do before I mounted the wheel :grin:

20220823_064900.jpg

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarrettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses" "Hit it!"

Couch Tater horsin' around with the boys.

20220826_090028_001.jpg

I've got your kryptonite right here, buddy

20220826_084414.jpg

Going to a clam bake

20220826_085127.jpg

Boop, BooP, bOOp, boopeddy boop

20220826_084821.jpg

Getting an extra dose of cool applied

jdmm.jpg

Royalty checking out the goods

epmm.jpg

Hail, hail, the gangs all here