Dona Regina build thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or now.
Rear caliper with fresh shoes installed. Paint is so so.
IMG_3744.jpg

Custom cable guides rule.
IMG_3745.jpg

IMG_3746.jpg

Found a short length of yellow housing from another project.
IMG_3747.jpg

Abraço

Very interesting. I have 4 or 5 tabs open right now looking for cable guides online. I'd love to find a stash of the old Schwinn spring clip types, but the closest things I can find are either on Alibaba (are they safe to order from?) or cost like $15 for four of them. I have a roll of utility wire; I think I might just put it to use.

Swing and a miss, strike one.
IMG_3838.jpg

Note:
This is Hayes clear waterfall decal paper printed on a good inkjet printer but the background color [what your installing it on] bleeds through big time.
I ordered some white. Like anything new it will take some testing to see if it works.
Abraço

Last edited:
Wasn't sure I was going to make it but Dona Regina is finished.
I made a late decision to keep both chainrings (now 2x8) but struggled with the front derailleur for a while.
I was finally able to make a 70's Schwinn FD work with the Deore shifters. This meant more cable stays but I'm getting better at those!
IMG_4276.jpg
IMG_4278.jpg

IMG_4279.jpg
IMG_4277.jpg

I got the shifting dialed in and it really is a fun ride. I get the strangest looks!
This has been a blast and I'm going to call her done.

Thanks Rats!

I made a late decision to keep both chainrings (now 2x8) but struggled with the front derailleur for a while.
I was finally able to make a 70's Schwinn FD work with the Deore shifters. This meant more cable stays but I'm getting better at those!
View attachment 243042 View attachment 243043
View attachment 243045 View attachment 243044

I got the shifting dialed in and it really is a fun ride. I get the strangest looks!

Thanks Rats!
Can’t wait for the glamour shots!

View attachment 243042 View attachment 243043
View attachment 243045 View attachment 243044

Thanks Rats!

Greetings, @One-eyed Sailor . BTW I just wanted to give you a heads up that I am taking a lot of inspiration from your RRBO18 build to make one of my own. I have a 1957 ladies/step-thru frame (but with both down tubes straight and parallel; fork not original) and I just don't want to cut it up. When I get back from Carolina, I plan on starting it soon. It should make a fine GNG (get-n-go) bike that's fun to ride. Have fun with your Travels......matthew

20230611_174813.jpg

Greetings, @One-eyed Sailor . BTW I just wanted to give you a heads up that I am taking a lot of inspiration from your RRBO18 build to make one of my own. I have a 1957 ladies/step-thru frame (but with both down tubes straight and parallel; fork not original) and I just don't want to cut it up. When I get back from Carolina, I plan on starting it soon. It should make a fine GNG (get-n-go) bike that's fun to ride. Have fun with your Travels......matthew

View attachment 252042
Ran across this scrolling through old stuff. Did you build her??

@68z27

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back