(never give up) Hope4muscle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still have them and intend to use them. But I'll probably make it dynamo powered with standard bulbs first.
To fix the LEDs in place and keep them dry I'll probably use sugru.
Thanks for that Sugru. Fun looking stuff. I was thinking printed housing and/or waterproofing sprays for components but that looks great. I'm also hoping to power mine when I brake if anyone's got ideas.

Last edited:
Thanks for that Sugru. Fun looking stuff. I was thinking printed housing and/or waterproofing sprays for components but that looks great. I'm also hoping to power mine when I brake if anyone's got ideas.
You're welcome. Since I discovered sugru I use it all the time. While working as a propsmaster I always had some sugru stashed away in the fridge.
That stuff is pure magic. Just give it the necessary cure time.
When I was working on the BuggyTrike I thought about implementing brake lights as well. It never came to it, but I had some motorbike brake switches on my "amazing" shopping list unfortunately I deleted the item and cannot provide the link, but the search function might be of help.... :grin:
Eventually one of those would work with your plan:
1681329220192.png

Reduced the parts stash for this project.
Might need another derailleur as I probably mangled some threads while overtightening things...
IMG_20230413_123313106.jpg

But I found two nice bullet lights that might be a good fit for this bike.
IMG_20230413_122715767_HDR.jpg

More updates when I'm back on the campground....

Today I took care of that bottom bracket. Never seen such a crank axle.
Once I figured out that the left race was threaded left 🤦 it came apart very easy.
IMG_20231003_105243843.jpg
IMG_20231003_105237265.jpg

The reason of the awful noise the BB became very obvious as the left race was off...
IMG_20231003_112128224.jpg

IMG_20231003_112058381.jpg

Cage and bearings were completely shot. I had no fitting cage but some spare balls that fit, so I put it back together with loads of grease.
IMG_20231003_113447000.jpg

Runs smooth again

And if I rediscover the derailleur eyelet I can get this little bike finally done...

Last edited:
Today I spent some time on servicing the campground fleet. And the little muscle bike is finally operational (minus the lights). We will get on a little test ride now...
IMG_20231228_130201658.jpg

Latest posts

Back