New contact leads to a Trek find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just scored this awesome Trek today. I was out for a ride and stopped a junker to give him my info in case he found any bikes so I have added a new contact to my arsenal of pickers and then a guy flags me down and says he overheard that I buy sell and trade bikes and has a bike he'd sell me because he is hard up for cash. So I follow him back to his house thinking it's a Walmart bike or some piece of junk and he pulls out this! :shock:

trek7300001.jpg

trek7300002.jpg

trek7300003.jpg

trek7300004.jpg

I wont say what I paid because you'd all hate me but lets just say it was a SCORE!!!... :mrgreen:

ozzynut2 said:
If everything is good $250.00 is what I would sell it for
That's it? I would have thought it was better. It's got Bontrager rims, stem, seat, post, shimano alivio derailurs, disk brakes, 24 gears, trigger shifters, looks and rides like new, every gear hits perfect, not a thing wrong with it other than the front brake squeaked a bit the first time I rode it but after 10 minutes riding it it stopped so it may have just been from sitting. I love it though so I may keep it for myself. Still not bad for a Jackson.

Must be trek season lol I got one few days ago and many others did, but yeah the price he said would be a good one for it, it's a lower end model. i had one like that but another color, I traded it to a friend for something more awesome, they are great bikes to trade for neat things, they are fun to ride though

Cool, thanks for the estimates guys. I think at that price she's a keeper. It rides better than 99% of the bikes I have had so I think my Schwinn Fronteer will go on the chopping block and this will take its place. Just got to remember not to grab the brakes as hard first time I stopped I about went over the bars!

Now I know it's a keeper! I put my custom south park "Kenny" valve caps I got from kingfish256 on it and they are just what this bike needed! Really ties in with the orange and brown color scheme. I'll get some pics of it tomarrow. here's what they look like mine are red base though.
Photo_B7E7617B-27E8-CDF9-6474-11FF4FCDC31C.jpg

Latest posts

Back