New Cruiser from FL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was telling a MTB buddy about this crappy Huffy that I dragged out of the trash. I wire brushed the rust from the chrome wheels and painted them red. With the black frame and white wall tires, it made me think of some of the hot rods I've seen in the pages of Ol School Rods magazine. That is when he told me about this website.
I was amazed and inspired by the ideas some of these people have and incorporate into their rides!

The knoggin started working over time thinking of ways to modify the bike.
I flipped over the stock hbars and cut off about 6" so they resemble bullhorn bars. The stem came from a 12" Elmo bike, the hollow stem bolt, seat and seat post came from a mongoose freestyle bike.
The disc brake parts, Ritchey cranks and Time pedals are old MTB leftovers.
So far I've spent 7 bucks for the red hbar tape and 18 bucks for a machined aluminum adapter to run a euro bottom bracket.
Eventually I'll add lights, that is what the switch is for between the gauges.

HuffyCranbrook.jpg

DiscBrakeMount.jpg

RviewMirror.jpg

Gauges.jpg

IMG]http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac172/slammy_2010/Huffy%20Cranbrook/000_0011.jpg[/IMG]

Welcome from NOR-CAL ! love the mods looks like youll fit rite in ! cool lookin bike.!

Thanks A.S.BOLTNUT, coming from someone with such an extensive collection as yours, that means something.

Latest posts

Back