new from britain

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i live in southern england,and have only built a couple of bikes over the years.i was amazed when i found the rat rod web site and saw what people were doing with old bikes!!here in the u.k.we can only really get hold of diamond frames cheaply enough to saw up,and coaster brakes are a real rarity!i've just started to build a bike stretched by 6" with the down tube removed and oval tubing used in places.will post some pictures as things progress.(i am working outside at the mercy of the british weather!!!)

Welcome .......... the weather shuts a lot of us down....too hot....too cold. You'll find a window of opportunity for your bike. Diamond frames are abundunt where you are but there are still things you can work with them and still get around those lugs. I found if you find a really tall frame you can lower the seat tube and curve back the seat stays while changing the top tube. All kinds of things. You can also run them through the plaid machine.
Looking forward to your on going builds.

from the colonies,
Graylock

Latest posts

Back