New from Nebraska

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey everybody,
I'll start by saying that I love cruiser bikes (the older the better) & custom bikes.
I don't believe in spending out piles of money for a bike either.
Put these things together and Google keeps sending me here so I figured I'd join up.

As of right now I've got a possible project in the works but will be looking for some input.

I picked up a 1941 women's western flyer that has a very tweaked frame (if you look at it dead on you can see it has a bow in the frame & there are several cracks in the frame) but it still rideable (took it around the block). I got it for $10 being sold as "yard art"; all I saw was working skiptooth setup for a rat project.

I also have a heavy steel cruiser frame (think it was an Ocean Pacific bike once apon a time but for free it seemed like it would be great for something... Maybe my skiptooth rat.

Not sure what way I'm going to go with this because the op frame is stripped to raw metal so maybe fresh paint but rusty wheels, truss rods and luggage rack. First priority will be to see if the fork and crank will swap over.

Here's a pic of the western flyer.
Photo04271241_1.jpg

Thanks.
I'm hoping to find time soon to test the fork and crank (just realized I should also try to make sure the chain will be long enough too) then if that checks out I'll start a build thread if no go then I'll be looking for another frame.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back