New From WI

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I would introduce myself. My name is Tom & I am 51 years old from Oshkosh, WI. I joined because I really enjoy reading all the posts. I am a big fan of cruiser bikes. I ride a Kustom Roadster but today purchased an Ocean Pacific from Wally world. I have never worked on a bike and do have a question about this OP Cruiser. Is it difficult to raise the stem of the handle bars up since mine is down as far as it can go? I bought the OP because it is light weight and much more easy to haul around than my stretched out Kustom cruiser. I have looked at some you tube videos showing how to do some of these things. Just wondered if the OP stem can come up maybe 4 inches. Not very mechanical here at all but LOL not to old to learn.
Tom

It should be marked for minimum insertion. Just loosen, don't remove the stem bolt, 'til the stem is loose, or the bolt is screwed out a quarter inch or so. If the stem doesn't become loose, whack the bolt with a mallet or tap it with a hammer. If the stem bolt and wedge is loose but the stem hasn't moved, grab the front wheel between your legs and turn the bar. Tighten it back up as much as you can (unless you're a thirty year old body builder :mrgreen: ) with one hand, not your whole body, on a standard reach tool (allen key, 1/2"wrench, or what have you) and the other on the bar.

Latest posts

Back