New guy from central Cali

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Howdy! I found this site while researching and looking for a cruiser for my 12 year old son. I think we're settling on an MP, and I just missed a sale on an MP not far from where we live, so I'll probably buy him one new. What I did learn is that the guy added ammo boxes for panniers, and I thought that was a great idea! I happen to be active duty Navy, so asked my ordnance dudes what size they thought they were. They are now searching for a pair of 7.62mm ammo cans for me, and I don't even have the bike yet! I've also thought I can find a couple of green canteens and holsters and mount those too.

As for me, I used to be a mountain bike mechanic about 100 years ago before I joined. Years later I got into Triathlons and had a pretty high-end race bike. I sold the mountain bike, and the race bike was stolen, so that left me with my cruiser. I have a 2000 Dyno Moon Eyes cruiser that I modified with 'Ape Hangers' when I bought it. I've learned through here that Moon Eyes makes disks just for that bike! So, now my wheels are turning to find ways to modify and update my cruiser.

I look forward to looking around! Thanks for the forum!

NAVY Never Again Volunteer Yourself :shock: what is a 7.62 .. is that some kind of new Jelly doughnut ha ha... I got my green card a few years back .. welcome from an old sparks

There is an army surplus store on Hwy 1 at Moss Landing that had alot of 7.62 ammo cans last time i was down there if you can't find any....What part of our Central Cali you call home ?? Welcome !! :D

Latest posts

Back