New guy from Dallas/Ft Worth

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone....we are pretty new to the bicycling scene and we are very glad we found this new interest for my wife and I. It started in 2013 when we were sitting on the beach in Galveston. (We visit Galveston as often as possible) Anyways, we started talking about how fun it looks watching everyone ride up and down the seawall on their bikes. As soon as we returned to DFW, I was all over craigslist trying to find some cool looking beach cruisers. I found a Phat Cycles cruiser for myself and a Electra Ghost Rider for my wife. They fit us perfect and needed very little to make them super nice for a great price. We found a local bike club (Slow Spokes DFW) and jump in on a few local rides with them and we have been hooked on riding ever since. We have purchased a couple more bikes since then and I am looking to buy another right around the corner. We are still looking for a club in Galveston to ride with when we are in town. Any suggestions? Here are a few pictures of what we ride.

Welcome! Great bikes. I know you get lots of good riding weather down there (a bit jealous). You might think about a nice vintage for that next bike you are going to add, could a cool change from the bikes that you have now. Have Fun!

Latest posts

Back